What's eating my leaves?!

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum having previosuly used my granddad for advice on all things 'green fingered' unfortunaly he's no longer with us so I'm finding I am somewhat stuck for advice these days.

Hoping someone can help me identify what is eating my hedge as I have no idea, can't even seem to find the bug 'in the act'.

If anyone could kindly identify what it is then I'll zap the hedge accordingly.

Many thanks

Matt

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Leaves.JPG | |Download:
MattW30

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Leaves.JPG | |Download:
|+-------------------------------------------------------------------+>Have you tried going out in the middle of the night with a light? It could be a type of beetle that feeds at night and hides in the soil during the day. We have been suffering an outbreak of a fairly new invasive pest, the Asiatic garden beetle, which has chewed up some of my plants similar to that.
Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks for that, no I haven't tried that, I'll have a look this evening.

QUOTE='Pat Kiewicz[_2_];965715']MattW30 said:-

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum having previosuly used my granddad for advice on all things 'green fingered' unfortunaly he's no longer with us so I'm finding I am somewhat stuck for advice these days.

Hoping someone can help me identify what is eating my hedge as I have no idea, can't even seem to find the bug 'in the act'.

If anyone could kindly identify what it is then I'll zap the hedge accordingly.

|+-------------------------------------------------------------------+--Have you tried going out in the middle of the night with a light? It could be a type of beetle that feeds at night and hides in the soil during the day. We have been suffering an outbreak of a fairly new invasive pest, the Asiatic garden beetle, which has chewed up some of my plants similar to that.
Reply to
MattW30

Good luck with your quest. I see you got here and will now find the help you search for.

Reply to
joevan