tomato withering

Hello

I'm new to the forum, and new to gardening as well. I tried growing tomato plants from seeds using a propagator. When they were too big, I took them out and placed them on a window sill.

After a few days, I noticed some of the leaves are starting to wither and dye. Anybody knows why is that?

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 22032011037.jpg | |Download:
Herve

most likely its just your cotyleons falling off.

This may help ID troubles:

Gunner

Tomatoes need mucho sunlight, and a soil temp of 70F - 85F.

If you like weekends, thank a union.

===

Reply to
Billy

I've used propagators before. Not for tomatoes though. But I've found most plants need to adjust to the new environment outside the propagator. Because you are taking away their humidity and most likely giving them more natural light. On your window sill. Also you didn't say what the light conditions in the propagator are. As they grew in a high humidity environment. possible less light. Barring nothing else is wrong. The sun is burning them, or the less humidity has dried the leaf edges out. They should pick up after an adjustment period. The wilting leaves should be irrelevant.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel