Help!!!

Hi, I am new to gardening so please excuse my ignorance!!....I have grown some veggies but in this pot I forgot to mark what was in it!!...I know there were some speedy salad seeds in there and I thought radish but I know they are not radish as I have them in another pot....any ideas??!!!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: veggie2.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: veggie.jpg | |Download:
freestyler

In message , freestyler writes

It's a Brassica-like crucifer with pinkish flowers. I think that that makes it a radish.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

There are at least two different cultivars in there, I am guessing both brassicas. The one with the radish below the stem (dig about a bit) is the radish (duh) the other is not. Pull the radishes while they are smallish - about the size of your finger or they are likely to get too woody and hot. Many young brassica plants look the same until they start to develop their characteristic leaf/flower pattern (cabbage, mustard, kale, cauliflower, broccoli etc). Try the leaves in salad they are all edible, some more suited to salad than others.

David Hare-Scott

[veggie2.jpg] is radish, bolted to flowers. At this point, you can snip the flowers to eat or wait for them to set pods, and harvest the young pods (which are nice in a stir-fry). If there are any radishes down below they are likely small and very pithy at this point. [veggie.jpg] is more bolted radishes, along with what could be some kale (or possibly broccoli) struggling to compete with the radishes.

The kale/broccoli has deeper green, slightly silvered leaves with green stems, and can be seen at the lower left corner and along the right side of the picture.

||Filename: veggie.jpg | |Download:
Pat Kiewicz