What's happening to my grapevine leaves?

Hi,

I've noticed on two of the grapevine plants we recently planted, the leaves have either got holes on them, or some edges are brown and crisp.

I've attached an example of each case, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: leaf1.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: leaf2.JPG | |Download:
Annie2

hello, since this is something just planted it is hard to separate a leaf trouble from the basic facts that the plant is just getting established.

look for leaf chewers at various times of the day (and night) and see if you can isolate the critter for further help. of course, hand picking them off upon observation can provide some relief (put them in a cup of soapy water and they'll drown).

the leaf curl just might be from the watering you need to do to get it going. hard to say completely at this distance.

a local friendly neighbor with experience with this plant would be nice to find. :) any local gardening orginisations you can find?

good luck,

songbird

Reply to
songbird