what edge

Hi I am new to gardening, I want an edge about 42 foot long, I am wanting an attraction for wildlife and security, someone suggested to me Hawthorne, can anyone give me some more ideas?

thanks

Reply to
Keith Hampson

Hi Keith,

Usually native plants are best. You could have a combination of trees shrubs and perennials that offer nesting sites for birds, food fo birds, insects and butterfiles and shelter for small critters. Consider planting a few evergreen shrubs and/or trees for winte shelter.

I don't know where you live, so it would be difficult to say whic plants would be best. I'm in the US in Maryland and would search a

and use terms such as: wildlife + garden + Maryland native tree + Maryland butterfly garden + Maryland native plants + Maryland

You might be able to just use the words: butterfly garden

Let us know where you are and I will give you more sites if you are i the US. New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt