California desert wildflowers blooming?

Hello, Anyone know how the desert bloom is progressing? I've been told by someone in San Bernardino that it has indeed started already (as of today, Jan 23, 2005). Phoned the Poppy Reserve out by Lancaster, but got only their tape, dated April 26 last year! Will also try Living Desert in Palm Desert, Joshua Tree, and Death Valley. And, will let you all know what I find. Hope we can keep spotting the wildflower bloom, as it should be very fine.

Kim La Mirada

Reply to
Traction Pads

I live in Rosamond, just about 20 miles from the poppy area and there's no sign of them yet, we're still getting night temps down into the low 30's. Give us another month and some warm temps and then watch out. So far just the weeds are growing like wildfire.

Reply to
starlord

another place to watch, later in the season:

far along the coast I have seen lupines in disturbed areas. Haven't gone to the desert yet.

Reply to
Charles