Unknown model tiller needs parts

I have a tiller that sounds like one that FitzMH posted about back in

1995. I have the same problem of needing the chewed up bronze gear on the tine shaft that mates with the steel worm gear. My tiller does not seem to have much in the way of markings, just "Rocket" on the belt cover. It is a front tine unit with two belt drive for forward and reverse and a Briggs and Stratton 5.0 HP vertical shaft motor.

FitzMH said his unit was a model TH-50 but I can't find that anywhere on my unit. On the drive casing I found the number 6001.

Anyone have an idea of who made this machine and where I could get a part for it?

Reply to
rickman

bronze worm gear sure sounds like some form of Ariens.

Reply to
bamboo

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in news:1119480697.612882.38980 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I agree, it sounds like an Ariens.

Reply to
me

I agree too, but Ariens says it is not one of theirs. They said that all of their front tine models are "Jet" tillers, the rear tine tillers are "Rocket".

I can't find didly on this unit.

Reply to
rickman

Bring what is left of the worm with you to a shop, see if the ariens part fits it. Assuming they stock the part which many shops cannot do. Otherwise you may have to get the dimensions and contact Boston Gear or a machinest.

Reply to
bamboo