storing rhyzomes and bulbs

Hi there:

I need to take my irises out of the garden and store them for a few months. I have done this before with bad results. I have tried taking them out and "planting" them buckets of soil only to have them decimated by iris borers ( obviously the larvae were already there but the irises seem to survive them better in the garden). I have also previously just let them be "naked" in a shady dry place ( which only worked for the large ones. the little ones died.) Any ideas how I can store them better?

Also, I acquired some summer bulbs too late to plant them this year. How do I keep them safely until next year?

Thank you in advance, Sally ( Zone 5b)

Reply to
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Plant the summer bulbs now. They won't be any good next summer.

Reply to
Vox Humana