Name callers and bashers

The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here. Great group, A lurker.

PS: Radishes and carrots up in N,E, Ia.

Reply to
Harley

How do they post if they are disconnected?

Ya' just never know what jewels may be hidden in a thrasher,basher, trasher post. Sometimes it is a thorn though. Here is a good bit of advice, wear gloves when sifting and working with finished compost. Last year I poked a staple from a teabag into my thumb.

Reply to
Charlie

I agree, 100%....never join in amongst them....that is what they want and thrive upon.

2 years ago, I divided and spread out a very big and very thick planting of Iris that was here 20 years ago when I bought this place. They bloomed very sparsely. This year I have the most gorgeous Iris I have ever seen. All are blooming, the ones I moved and the ones that I didn't. From a packed, sparsely blooming 20 feet of Iris along my fence, I have now about 60 feet of big, huge, fully blooming Iris. Colors are yellow, lavender and deep purple. The purple ones smell like grape kool-aid.

Gloria

Reply to
Gloria

Another variation on the 'negativity'/'hateful' theme! 'Disconnected' comes from the same phycho babble stable.

Try thinking about the word "passion". Why haven't you noticed that it is the people with passion that you are complaining about? The truly passionate ones are the same ones who know about gardening. Passionate people may be a total pain in the end sometimes, but they are those exact same people who observe, who are experienced and who can answer the questions.

If they don't have direct experience, they generally want to know the answer because they are curious. Curiosity leads to knowledge.

Reply to
FarmI

Sheesh! More psycho babble!

Reply to
FarmI

Passion flare-up never seems to excuse me from being polite to others, no matter how it might itch and burn. Besides, isn't it known to occasionally cause blindness?

Reply to
Mycosimian

Good response. Often what I notice here is impatience combined with passion. The internet is the world's largest library and so many questions asked here are readily answered with just a bit of research.

Ofttimes the answers people receive contain ideas and other methods and hints that people hadn't thought of, or had not heard before, and should spark more research. You can usually tell a curious person from a lazy one.

The intellectually curious do not need to be spoon fed in a polite manner. Sometimes a boot in the arse from a pain in the arse is the best motivation. I've found this to be true often in my life. I also find it interesting, the responses from some bootees.

Anecdotal evidence is what I find most helpful here. That and the camaraderie of such a diverse lot of people, worldwide, discussing tangential issues and cracking wise and hollering. Telling stories and giving hints of their lives and experiences.

For me, this is a group with a common bond, not just a Q&A forum.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Passion can mean a love or joy of the task.

Reply to
Bill

sheesh.....and here's some more.......

Charlie

?Mere enthusiasm is the all in all. . . . Passion and expression are beauty itself.? -------- William Blake

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Passionflower is interestingly (to me) a sedative. Passion is wonderful, but in my experience, passion mixed with compassion is more effective. I apologize for my "hateful" comment. I think I may have been a bit too passionate without remembering the "com" prefix.

Kate

Reply to
kate

Others may not choose to share your rash.

Passion has many faces. You're thinking below the belt whereas I was referring to a cerebral passion.

Reply to
FarmI

True, but for those who aren't used to doing research, I have some sympathy. There is so much rubbish out there in cyber space that people who haven't ever done research could be totally bamboozled. Experience prepared to share and letting people question those who are experienced is a very valid way of learning.

Yep.

Yes. I learned a lot from someone in another area of interest who gave me a few boots in the bum in an ng. He was criticised regularly for being a booter. He recently died and a few months before he died, I thanked him publicly for not spoon feeding and for what he'd taught me. I'm just glad I thanked him before he died.

Yup. A community who share one particular interest.

Reply to
FarmI

Ha ha, name callers and bashers are a sure sign of insecurity.

Reply to
Phisherman

So um... What would you call laughing at others' insecurities?

Reply to
Mycosimian

Hate to break it to you but the passion below the belt is actually cerebral, unless you're truly the proverbial d*****ad.

Reply to
brooklyn1

It has been my experience in this group that the passionate ones are believers. Not empericists, but rather true believers of the one true way. They remind me very much of other evangelicals who passionately try to convert others to their point of view, no matter how unsupported it might be.

Pot, kettle, absence of light.

Reply to
Rick

Yeah, good, but you don't specify your premise, you don't give a citation to augment your argument, and your conclusion is ambiguous. I say, what the hell are you talking about?

Reply to
Billy

And yet more psycho babble.

Reply to