Growing Impatience

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What the hell's wrong with these bulbs???

Reply to
Doug Kanter

LOL!

Reply to
Warren

Give it six days. That's how long it took to create the universe.

Reply to
Vox Humana

You haven't given them enough Scouse Juic

-- Sadie

Reply to
Sadie

Why did you wait so long to post? You should have gotten online within seconds after putting the bulbs in the ground. If you had no results by then, it was way too late. ;)

Reply to
The Watcher

Doug,

No problem in this part of Zone 5.

It's been so unnaturally warm this fall that my bulb are all sending out shoots. So are my Irises. Glad I didn't plant anything too expensive.

-- Jenny

Reply to
Jenny

"The Watcher"

At least I'm having a ball watching the squirrels try to get past the chicken wire I laid over some of the planting spots. :-) It's driving them bonkers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I almost planted earlier. Throughout 20 years of gardening, I've only planted bulbs a couple of times, and I guess I got lucky in the past - no early growth. This year, I've been stopping at a certain garden store for endless bags of mulch. (My house came with the tacky artificially colored red stuff). The lady is telling everyone who walks in the door to wait before planting bulbs. Finally, this weekend, she said NOW!

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Oh, those are just the diversion squirrels. The other squirrels are busy digging a tunnel from 40' back thataway. It even has little squirrel lights and a trolly track in it, a la Stalag 13.

Giselle (it fools the humans every time)

Reply to
Volfie

Say it ain't so! :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Impatiens are grown from seed, not bulbs. Are you sure you didn't plant turnips?

Reply to
Frogleg

Not Impatiens, you silly toad.

He's growing impatient with his bulbs.

Its a pun, you wart monger.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

Take a deep breath. Read what I meant, not what I wrote. It's a word thing. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Yes, I got the joke. Yes, I know you were talking about bulbs. Yes, I know the difference between Impatiens and impatience. Thought "turnips" would be a clue. Evidently not.

Reply to
Frogleg