Chinese Lanturns seedlings

I planted some Chinese lanturn seeds a couple weeks ago. How will they look when they emerge. I placed them in some pots, and things are coming up, but how would I know if they are "weeds" or the lanturns?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tombates

They will all have the same leaf.

Reply to
Billy

And I'd have thought Chinese lanterns would all have the same kung fu glow, grasshopper.

Reply to
brooklyn1

And they will dicots, many weed seeds are from grasses (monocots). Their habits are entirely different. Grass seedlings shoot from the centre in leaf blades, your lantern bush will have a main stem with leaves coming off it. To tell lantern bush from other dicots (eg broad leafed weeds) follow Billy's advice and/or wait until they grow somewhat and compare to weeds nearby.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott