can anyone identify this plant growing in the garden?

It is about two feet tall, lots of insects just love it. But I don't recall seeing this plant before in this area. Anyone know what it might be? Thanks

ncstockguy

With no clue as to where you are (and with a guess that I think I see small flower buds coming out of leaf axils) I will suggest something like Senna tora (previously listed in the genus Cassia).

I definitely get a "legume" vibe from the plant.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks. Yes it does look like a legume. And it did get small yellow flowers on it. I doubt it is Senna Tora but I couldn't rule it out. In North Carolina, by the way. Leaves are now pretty much completely eaten off by bugs.

Reply to
ncstockguy