Can you identify the shrub?

Afternoon,

My first post here.

I'm looking to move house but have this shrub at the bottom of my garden that I really like.

Could anyone let me know whats its called?

Thanks

[image:
mdex

I don't know what it is, but I can easily tell why you want to keep it. Does it have any fragrance?

If you are renting, the plant belongs to your landlord and cannot be moved.

If you are selling, make sure your sales contract allows you to remove plants from the landscape. When you sell a house, certain interior "fixtures" are generally included, such as cabinets, dishwasher, ceiling light fixtures, and carpets. Exterior "fixtures" are also included, such as outdoor lighting. The exterior "fixtures" might also include the landscaping but generally not plants in pots and other containers.

Reply to
David E. Ross

mdex wrote in news:mdex.4b690a7 @gardenbanter.co.uk:

mock orange. it's one of my favorites too. lee

Reply to
enigma

It's not the mock orange that I'm used to -- Pittosporum tobira. However, there are other, unrelated plants also called mock orange. One group is the various species of Philadelphus, which I've never seen other than in pictures.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Thanks Enigma.

Reply to
mdex

Hi everyone

My first post here too, although I've been gardening for about 20 years. Looks like an excellent site. I'd say it's mock orange as well - Philadelphus species, possibly virginalis because it seems to have the flowers in groups of 3. Single ones have a better fragrance, but the doubles are more impressive. Also available in variegated forms.

Reply to
FuchsiaLover

"David E. Ross" wrote in news:Bc-dndSXs750A9zXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.docknet:

no, it certainly isn't :) i've never seen *that* mock orange, but then, it won't grow up here...

yes, Philadelphus sp. it looks like he has one with double flowers. i just bought one, not realizing it was a double flowering type. the single flowers are much more fragrant. lee

Reply to
enigma