Good Gardening Tools

Hi all, hope your enjoying your day...

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some new garden tools, I have cleared my shed out of the cheap rubbish I had before and I'm looking to purchase some tools which will last! My local garden center has a good selection, but I just thought I'd see if anyone has any advice!

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
JasonOne

good day, Jason, madgardener here. For some of the best quality tools, go to the website, Lee Valley Tools (I think it's leevalleytools.com) and check out their VERY good tools that last decades. to get your money's worth, you have to spend some. Also, Sears has lifetime guaranteed garden tools. if it breaks (trowels,spades, etc) they replace it no questions, no conditions. Craftsman tools are good

hope this helps a lot.

madgardener in zone 7, Sunset zone 36 who only buys Craftsman, and Lee Valley tools (also a few from White Flower Farm)

Reply to
madgardener

Same here. I'd add Smith & Hawken and being from UK Bull Dog Tools which Smith & Hawken used to carry in the day. Irish Digging Spade many stars.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Sorry dropped a delimiter

Reply to
Bill who putters

This wouldn't be an Irish banjo, would it? Made by the Gandy Shovel Co. of Chicago ;O))

Reply to
Billy

good day, Jason, madgardener here. For some of the best quality tools, go to the website, Lee Valley Tools (I think it's leevalleytools.com) and check out their VERY good tools that last decades. to get your money's worth, you have to spend some. Also, Sears has lifetime guaranteed garden tools. if it breaks (trowels,spades, etc) they replace it no questions, no conditions. Craftsman tools are good

Lee Valley and Sears are okay, but they're still stuck in the past with the same old-same old neanderthal tools... I think Fiskars.com produces certain tools that are much better engineered. Sometimes one needs a strong hard working neanderthal tool, but sometimes one needs a tool that will get the job done with minimal effort... not every hammering job requires a sledge.

But really, if one asks about which gardening tools, they need to list which tools specifically and for which specific tasks, only then can folks suggest intelligent choices.

Reply to
brooklyn1

If one is really good you can make it sing.

Slice and dig and pry Pop it up and sing Time for a stout Then move about.

Bill moving smaller maple these days.

Reply to
Bill who putters

madgardener wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b9g2000yqm.googlegroups.c om:

yeah, i was going to suggest Lee Valley & Lehman's, but Jason is in the UK... i doubt he wasn't to pay the taxes to buy from there. lee

Reply to
enigma

Sing it like it is brother, sing it like it is ;o))

Reply to
Billy

Reply to
deblert

Reply to
cwill25U

For forks and spades, I'd recommend Spears and Jackson implements that were made when Britain still had a decent steel industry - you can't beat them for longevity and quality.

Reply to
FarmI

I have several Sears-brand garden tools, bow rake, shovels, pitch fork, etc. No complaints, all are very good quality that has served me many years. It helps to take care of any tool. Once a year sometime during the winter I sharpen then wipe the metal parts with kerosene rag to ward off rust

Reply to
Phisherman