CAn Anyone Identify This Please ?

This is a beautiful bush in my garden that flowers most of the year wit

the mauve flowers you see in the photo. There are still a couple lef and picture 2 shows them..unflowering. Butterflies love it as do bee in particular. I need to trim it back but I note that its is fairl bare in the center with most of the leaves /flowers on the fringes Firstly I need to identify the bush and secondly any tips on ho aggressive I can be in cutting it back would be much appreciated.

[image:

-- topgazza

Reply to
topgazza

The message from topgazza contains these words:

It's a hebe, a handsome longflowering plant which is particularly suited to coastal situations.They also come in all shades of pink, raspbery, purple and blue, and white flowers. Some stay quite low and dense but others make a big loose bush 4ft high.

You can cut back the topgrowth of tall leggy ones hard and the stumps will re-sprout just below the cuts. A spring feed of homemade compost, or chicken pellets, around the roots, will encourage the new growth.

As back-up, stick some 9 inch straight (ish) sections of branch into a spare spot of soil to half their depth, and they will easily root.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Found it...Hebe 'Midsummer Beauty'....excellent help Jane

-- topgazza

Reply to
topgazza