Troubleshooting Drip Irrigation Vaulve

I have my roses on drip. Recently the drip stopped working and I suspect the automatic vaulve. There is a little vaulve on the automatic vaulve and when I turn it, the drip system works so most likely it is the automatic part. Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Reply to
zoyzoo

Hmm, without the make and model of the valve it's kind of hard to figure out what you did. Is this valve electromechanical? Is it permanently mounted and soldered to the pipe or is it screwed onto the faucet on the outside of the house?

If it's screwed on the faucet and it's not electric then maybe rust or crud has jammed it up. If it's plastic you might as well toss it and buy another. If it's brass and you can take it apart you can maybe clean it. If so, go to an appliance store and get one of the washers with a screen in it that they use on washing machine hoses that screw on to faucets.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt