Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missing o-rings)

BTW, I just compared the two all-brass assault nozzles, side by side:

Clearly the double-action o-ring American-made ACE assault nozzle, at more than twice the price of the cheap Harbor Freight single-o-ring model, provided better aiming, and a more steady stream of fire than did the Chinese knockoff.

Just saying ...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yea, but you can arm more people cheaply. If you have 1,000 folks armed with the high quality assault nozzles going up against 100,000,000 people armed with cheap low quality assault nozzles, it's no contest. The Germans learned this hard lesson in tank battles during WWII. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I was surprised that the Harbor Freight Chinese nozzle, which effectively

*looked* essentially the same as the American model, actually performed far worse at higher speeds - and about the same at the lower, less demanding, speeds.

a. They leaked when shut off (2 out of 7, versus 0 out of 3 for the American) b. They had a less satisfying spray at full force (the American just felt good) c. They only used a single o-ring (the American nozzle used two o-rings) d. The knurling was only parallel (the American knurling was diamond shaped) e. They had noticeably less heft (the American nozzle just felt good)

However, at low speeds (i.e., wide spray), which is what my wife uses them mostly for, the nozzles were about the same.

All in all - I don't recommend the Harbor Freight nozzles.

BTW, how often do you guys generally replace your nozzle o-rings anyway?

Reply to
Danny D.

[...]

I guess that makes you the cracker Christian(?) then.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Well, that's good for a smile. Yes. I guess, if I'm watering the plants gently, I'm a misty Christy?