Albino baby tick

I've been living here in the woods for about 50 years. Two days ago I felt I had a tick bite and asked my wife to take a look. She said it looked like the beginning of a boil. Not what I wanted to hear. Anyway today I scratched off what looked like a perfect pustule and felt relived. However the shape was too perfect and under my lupe 8X I noticed the bastard was waving at me. Never saw a white tick before this what we call a deer tick due to size. I called up our county health department and was told to give Animal Control a call. Have to wait to Friday hours. I got him between two pieces of clear scotch tape at the moment.

First call to the health department ever. I think it is weird.

Anyone see a white tick before?

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Crab louse?

Reply to
nonnymoose

Missed the OP, but, I've seen some very light colored ticks in the past. Might just be a color morph that is more common at the moment because the ticks are breeding faster than rabbits.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak