Grow plants on walls

Hello, I have an unsightly brick wall which is in a sunny position all day long. It is about 3ft high and is chipped on the top. Can anyone advise how I would go about planting on this? I have seen those amazing bright lilac flowers (look a bit like lobelia) growing out of walls and would love the same on the top of my wall. Is this possible? Thanks.

Reply to
scooby

It is if you set flower boxes along the top and water often.

Reply to
Manelli Family

Hi thanks for your reply. I was hoping that I could plant flowers amongst the crevices and cracks.

Reply to
scooby

Is this an ornamental wall or a boundary marker? I trust it isn't a retaining wall. The roots from ANYTHING growing in the wall will eventually disassemble a brick wall. It is a pretty, post-civilized look but you don't want to unleash any thing.

Bill Rose