Subject Author Posted Replies

White English Bluebell -- Huh?
On a hike across the northern counties of England a while back I was enchanted by the sometimes-vast swathes of bluebells. I managed to get 100 real Hyacinthoides non-scripta bulbs and planted them in...
10
10

Tulip bulbs
Hey there! I'm new to the forum and new to gardening too :) I've become curious about it and want to plant some tulip bulbs I bought in Holland last weekend! Could you tell me how deep do they need to...
3
3

Companion plants for potted Ceanothus lilac
We have an area of yard that serves no purpose, but the corner is all we can see from the kitchen sink window of our flat, so we thought we'd stick a large potted plant there to brighten up the view...
6
6

Problem with drip irrigation system
Problem with drip irrigation system Hello all, We have set up a drip irrigation system. The first half of the system seemed to work, however no water was flowing from the latter half. We then...
1
1

I'm trying to leave Garden Banter, please help.
Sorry everyone for posting like this, but I'm trying to close my account here, and can't work where to do this, or who to ask. Any of the admin team able to do this for me? Best regards to all.
1
1

I want to plant a Beer Garden
I want to plant a Beer Garden. Do I just till up the soil and bury beer cans about two inches deep, or is there more to it?
2
2

Re: Billy Gnome Stories - More Chapters!
That is a really old post you're referencing there, from 1999. The original web site that was linked to seems to be gone... However it is still available via the wayback machine. Try looking here:
1
1

Cat used our vegetable garden as a litterbox.
A few months ago, we were told to clear several newly planted containers (the long rectangular plastic ones) off our balcony as part of preparing for the entire building to get repainted. We put them...
3
3

Motion-activated sprinkler pest chasers
I see ads on Amazon for sprinklers which turn on briefly under control of a motion sensor, intended to deter animals (deer, raccoons, cats and especially dogs) from entering lawns and gardens. The...
8
8

Tunnelling critters
I got 'em . In my gardens , in the woods , under the house , and other places . I'm not sure what they are , whether ground squirrels , moles , or gophers . I do know my dog (mountain cur) loves to...
13
13

Snow
I told you to stop posting when you're drunk, Sheldon.
4
4

Begonias for Landscaping
I got to know that Begonias is come in so many colours ? from the vibrant red to orange, yellow, pink, white and many other different shades, it?s beautiful. and the it has some benefits that begonia...

Root Balls
I read somewhere that when you plant a (bare root) tree that you should use the same soil that came out of the hole to fill it . The reasoning was that if you use nice soil when the roots hit the edge...
1
1

KRUSTEAZ
Baked the Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl in my bundt pan, EXCELLENT! Birds gotta eat too: http://i63.tinypic.com/1zc3iif.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/1xzdw8.jpg
2
2

Old 2 stroke mcculloch strimmer
Hi I got a really old mcculloch Euromac d29 strimmer recently, it's about 20 years old I think, it was stored away and forgot about until an old shed was emptied out. I'm trying to find a carb for it,...
2
2