Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: How do I kill jointgrass??
you have to remember that i am from the late 60's...... so my mind wandered with this for a little while..... trim is close to the ground... bundle up a nice bunch.....tie the ends with a stout piece...

Re: Our garden on PBS local KLRU
I'm impressed! I want to naturalize most of my backyard--a bit selectively (meaning, I would plant some native plants and also remove others from locations where I don't want them). I feel sorry for...
10
10

Re: Vine that will grow under a black walnut....
"JNJ" <> wrote in news: As a side note, I read that sometimes Black Walnuts are grafted onto other root stock (or vis versa?), so you may not have any problems or have less severe problems than cited...
6
6

Re: Tomski the poser wannabe
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:55:47 GMT, galyles@ignorethis.blueyZackly
3
3

Re: Daisy Zoo
Nice words, but you really do need to do something about that tune..........

MailOrder Plants
I never have seen plants, as sad as the plants I just received from "DIRECT GARDENING"! Just a bunch of sticks with about 4 dried up roots at the end. Calling them sticks is an over Tree Peony is a...
1
1

Good tomato fertilizer?
At the beginning of this season, I purchased some "Sta-Green Tomato & Vegetable Food", 12-10-5. I was wondering if this would be suitable for my tomatoes, some of which are in 20" pots and some of...
10
10

my plants are lunch
HELP!!!!!!! Something is eating the petals of my petunias in my window boxes. I cannot see what it is but I can tell you my flowers look terrible. Then off to my roses. I just planted them last week...
3
3

Re: Spray oil in July Ok? kill aphids then wash off with hose
In article <>, "lbbs"
2
2

What kind of soap can I use on Aphids?
My plum tree is infested with aphids I sprayed it really good with a soap insecticide but did not help. I far as I can tell it's aphids (small green bugs). The tree has lots of sticky leaves and some...
5
5

Lawn Tractor bogging down?
I have a Honda 3813 Lawn tractor that I got used about 1 month ago and just finished putting new bearings in the mower deck, and I have a question. How much does the average lawn tractor slow down...
4
4

Travertine Pavers in a sand bed?
Does anyone have any experience with travertine pavers laid in a 1" sand bed over compacted gravel in a mid-atlantic type climate? The reasons I want to do this type of install are because I already...

Re: What to do about voracious chipmunks?
In article <>, Alexandra Ceelie <> wrote: I agree, when I was a kid one of our cats kept all pests out of the garden, he was such a good kitty! The other cat didn't hunt but just her presence was...

Help!, my spathiphyllum has holes!
I looks like someone held a lighter under the leaves. Brown spots develop on the edges or the middle of the leaves. I can see no obvious bugs or mold. Otherwise it's doing fine, with new leaves and...
1
1

tomato watering regimen?
I live in Boulder, Colorado. I am growing four tomatoes in large 20" pots (patio; super bush; early girl improved; and super fantastic), and two tomatoes in the ground (big boy; some russian...
7
7