Krimson King Problems - Overwatering?

This spring, I planted a small Krimson King on my parkway (I live in Chicago). I've recently noticed that some of the leaves have turned brown and are falling off. While you might think that this is due to dryness, I think it is the opposite - because I've planted hostas at the bottom of this tree, I water it almost daily. Could it be getting too much moisture? If you don't think this is the issue, what else could be going on with this tree?

Thanks,

BP

Reply to
AuralFeast

The Crimson King can stand the moist, if you have a well-drained soil. If not, that could indeed be your problem.

Greetings, Erik.

e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hetnet.nl

Reply to
Erik Kleine