Fruitless Plum/Green Leaves??

Live in Henderson, NV. A desert for sure. Landscaper planted in late May a fruitless plum(flowering) tree. The container looked like about

15 gal. It has to be a very young tree. He said your drip system would be enough water it needs - twice a day for 6 min. each.. After a month, leaves were turning brown and many were falling off. Neighbor said it needs some *deep watering*. We watered 5 gal. X 2(total 10 gal.) every 3rd day for 2 wks.

We began seeing new growth on almost every branch.

Once a week for the last 4 wks. Beside the daily drip system amount; I hand watered with 5 gal. Now I've noticed almost all the leaves turning greenish and the new growth has stopped.

Is the tree getting too much water or what? We do not want it to die. Thanks for any help? Ron ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net)

Reply to
ront2