Subject Author Posted Replies

Ineffectiveness of hydrangea colourant
Last year I used hydrangea colourant to turn my deep pink mophead hydrangea blue. I diluted it in accordance with the instructions and applied it once a week from early May to early July. To my...

Can you change colour of a Japanese whisteria?
We Bought A Japanese wisteria and is supposed to be pink but it is white and against the sky it does not have the WOW effect. The pale white flowers look very ordinary and hardly visible against a...

can you germinate horse chestnuts?
I tried sprouting horse chestnuts several times with no success however it seems there must be a way. I had success with grocery store chestnuts, and even got one to grow outside for a couple years,...
5
5

Mantis 4 cycle Making metal on Metal sound
Hello Everyone, Im new to this group. Hope someone can help me. I left my Mantis 4 cycle tiller on its side in the back of the shed for about a month. The tiller starts up fine, no problem. When I...

Agapanthus , Sap causing itchy rash !
I saw the same thing, but a few google searched turned up claims of being extremely poisonous including to dogs and cats. I'm not familiar with the plant, but the pretty blue appeals to me. Maybe I...
3
3

All my pears are gone in a day!
Relocating dosent help they will die whithin couple months, cause they will be in another animals territory competing for food, and have to watch what season you move them too they mate between Jan to...

is this poison ivy?
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:33:19 -0400, John Ozz wrote: Poison Ivy takes a lot of different forms. " Leaves Three - Let It Be " : .. but that plant does not look like the poison ivy that I've seen in...
4
4

Re: Plant ID: Lavender or Rosemary?
contact us

Codyline Australis
Very young plant but stem in bending to one side! Can I stake it

Fake News [was: "You Should Never Pile Mulch Around A Tree In Your Yard"]
At Yahoo news, an article had the headline "You Should Never Pile Mulch Around A Tree In Your Yard". The article links to another one at Women's Health, but that one does not have the same headline...

Tomato plants with small, misshapen leaves
I have several tomato plants which are generally doing well. They are 5' tall in the northeast US. However, some of them have tiny, wrinkled leaves on the upper 2/3s of the plants, but the lower 1/3...
1
1

Re: How to stop English IVY from spreading?
Don't do it! Unless you are in its native land. We are battling our neighbor's ivy as well. There are so many other options for your fence!
2
2

Canary Island Palm root ball
I have a 30 ft Canary Island Palm, 25 inch diameter main trunk at 2 ft from the ground. Main trunk is about 2 ft from a wall. it has not been maintained for years. Smaller trunks have come up all...
10
10

What kind of critter eats flowers?
Over the course of the last two weeks something has bitten off the stems of the flours on four different plants at about 4 to 8 inches and then bitten off and removed/eaten/dragged off the flowers...
3
3

Best gloves for thorny plants?
Any recommendations for a good, quality pair of gloves for pulling thistle, pruning thorny plants and such? Prefer elbow-length and full protection against the sharp buggers. I'm in northeastern U.S.
9
9