Latest threads in Floorshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Buy Flooring versa strip universal flooring Ltd
I an trying to buy about 60 Sq ft -4 boxes- of versa strip natural oak flooring as sold by Universal flooring Ltd In the 1990s and up to 2015. Seem to be out of business now. Located in Ohio.

To self-level or not garage concrete floor with "grooves/waves" to convert to home office
Hello, I'm trying to figure out if self-levelling for my garage floor is needed for my home office conversion. There are grooves all the way which some are up to 5mm deep. I'm planning to insulate the...

Luxury vinyl plank installation
DIY flooring question. I am planning to install luxury vinyl plank. To prepare I am going removing the ceramic tile that is underneath. This is a major job and very slow going. In any case, as I am...

Reinforcing 2x8 floor joists on 16" centers on 26' span single center girder.
We bought a house built in 1976. The floors feel like a Mobil home. The house is a single story rectangle 26'x54', the floor joists are 2x8 16" on center. The only girder are tripled 2x8 on 8' spaced...

Slate floor frustration
We have recently moved into a house where the kitchen floor is tiled in slate. The tiles are the rough, uneven type, which I find infuriating to sweep and clean. Is there a way to sand it to a smooth...
1
1

Level concrete floor or fill in sunken den?
We have a family room that was originally a carport. The carport had a step down from the house about 4-5" and slopes as it goes away from the house about 2-4". We are ready to pull up the carpet and...
1
1

For tiles
Please if anyone can help we need 4 Windsor polished porcelain tiles in beige 600/600mm. Willing to pay if anyone has any to sell

How can I reglue vinyl baseboard in bathroom?
No further details provided

Laying Lamont flooring in t shaped hallway
No further details provided

Should I use OSB plywood or treated plywood for subfloor in bathroom?
My toilet had a leak and I have to remove the section that had black mold on it. It is a small section of about 2 x 4 ft. I just don't know whether to replace it with what is down already regular osb...

Repair gyp Crete
I have Area 2x2 damage when I move my hardwood floor what I can used to repair it be I can't found a gyp Crete

WHAT IS THE BEST >>>> WATER RESISTANT FLOORING FOR BATHROOM <<<<
I HAVE MULTIPLE RENTAL PROPERTIES. WHEN YOU HAVE RENTAL PROPERTY, TENANTS ARE NOT THE MOST CAREFUL IN REGARDS TO YOUR PROPERTY. I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE BATHROOM FLOORING MANY MANY TIMES BECAUSE THEY...
1
1

What to do about a gap between the floor and walls in the house?
I thought it needed molding, but there is molding already, so maybe the floor is sagging, and we haven't noticed in the year we've lived in this old house. So the existing molding doesn't reach the...

What is the cost to replace the floor of a 14 ft boat?
No further details provided

how can I change semitransparent concrete stain color before and after it is sealed?
I have used burnished gold rust-o-leum semi-transparent stain on our basement floor, it is hideous. Everyone in the house agrees about this and we are not fussy people. What can I do to change the...
2
2