Level concrete floor or fill in sunken den?

We have a family room that was originally a carport. The carport had a step down from the house about 4-5" and slopes as it goes away from the house about 2-4". We are ready to pull up the carpet and lay some type of laminate but are concerned this will make the slope more noticeable. Any ideas?

Reply to
Anonymous

Yep, you can level it with 1/4-inch applications of Concrete Re-surfacer or cut Wedges out of 2x4's and screw plywood onto the Wedges. However, I think I'd go for a whole new concrete pour on top of the old concrete with Rigid Foam Panel Insulation between both and get rid of the step-down entirely. It's not as expensive as the new flooring and you end up with a warm floor that can't ever flood.

Reply to
Anonymous