Tomatoes

The tomatoes are starting to ripen, but with the dry hot period followed by lots of rain, I have lots of blossom end rot and or splits. I have probably lost about as many as I have picked.

The peppers are doing ok. The green zucchini as given up as has the acorn squash. I froze plenty of the zukes and still have some yellow zukes. The critters got the only 2 cantaloupes that were on the vines. Vines still seem to be ok.

The Roma and french green beans are doing well in the raised bed. About 10 of the black soy beans germinated and an equal number Cannellini.

The weeds seem to stay ahead of me. I can't stand to be out in the

90+ degree weather for very long and the fact that we were gone for the first week in June hasn't helped.

Oh well, just hope the rest of the of the season is better. I am just thankful that I am not dependent on the garden for my livelihood and food.

Reply to
The Cook