Still in a Rush

I've become addicted to Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Usually the very simple sauce calls for tomatillos, but now I see that green tomatoes can be substituted. I can hardly wait for fall.

Secondly, I found Zigeuner-Soße: A Paprika Tomato Sauce for Meat. It uses an obscene amount of multicolored bell beppers, but it is delicious. Beppers!?? Peppers, I must be thinking of my new hero Beppe Grillo.

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes, and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Think I'll go flog the cold soil, and see if I can't speed things up in the garden a bit.

Reply to
Billy

Sound yummy.

Is that like spanking the monkey?

David Hare-Scott

rec.gardens.oedipal ?

Reply to
Billy

Have a friend who discovered this and makes dips for her church socials. I think she mixed it with cream cheese and finely minced mushrooms

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Welcome to Macedonia.

Reply to