shot gun weeding

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Reply to
ljp other

Quick and efficient up to the point where you need to get the contaminating lead out of your soil. If you live within city limits, or housing tract, it also would be an efficient way of introducing yourself to the local law enforcement providers.

When you see your local law enforcement providers, be sure to put down, and step away from your gardening tool, so that they won't be tempted to do a little weeding of their own.

Reply to
Billy

Steel shot is widely available.

Brian

Reply to
Default User

New gun, huh? How about the other problem?

Reply to
Billy

Pull the other one it has a bell on it.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Clearly, you don't know the answer to the question. Also, I didn't ask for a critique of the technique. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a troll rather than an example of your gullibility -- in any event, get a life.

Reply to
ljp other

Your query sounded like the troll and a test of our gullibility. Given that, it's fair game for any kind of response --Using a shotgun would be an ineffective method of weeding, wasteful, and there is as Billy mentioned, the shot to consider.

"Shotgun weeding" is a mettyfor(sic) for indiscriminate weeding using a hoe or some other garden implement of destruction and a term we've used around here for ages.

If you put "shotgun weeding" (use the quotes) into google you get 569 hits. Maybe one of them is what you want.

You could try the same with google groups.

Reply to
phorbin

What-a mistake-a to make-a ;O)

Reply to
Billy

It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

Reply to
J.R.

You could even use it to trim your toenails or clean the mud off your boots - why the possibilities are endless.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Ear wax removal? --Or do you have to use shot for that?

Reply to
phorbin

You would need rather long arms, that's why you cannot do your fingernails that way.

David Hare-Scott

I beg to differ......

Charlie

Just load the shell with fertilizer and you have a high power weed and feed.

Reply to
hollenback

I dont know I knew a hoe that what pretty fun.

Reply to
Ron Reagun

Reply to
Ron Reagun