raspberry transplants

When is the best time to transplant raspberries? I live just south of Lake Michigan -- zone 5-6.

Reply to
Jark

I've only every planted them in the spring. That's when they are ready for new growth.

And I heartily recommend the variety 'Polana' which is as close to an 'everbearing' type as you are ever likely to see. (It's 'fall' crop is just starting now and will be safely finished before the cold autumn rains and threat of frost.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Transplant in the spring just before leaf-out. Monitor the buds and when they begin to swell, move the canes.

Reply to
TQ