My habenaro plant is having problems!

Hey, trying to grow a habenaro plant in a pot instead of being planted in the ground, because they always seem to mature when summers over and then die because of cold weather. The plant, does indeed look like a plant but it does not have a bushy look like the habenaros I had last summer. It has more of a lankyness to it, and it so far has only yielded about 3 peppers, two of which were black and modly on the inside when I cut them open. The plant does not appear to be in bad health, it is green and the peppers look fine until you cut them open.

What could be the cause of modly peppers that are still on the stem, and such a low yield of peppers? Last year I had over 20 growing on one plant. This one currently has about 4, and has been in the ground (or pot) just as long.

We gave it those miracle grow sticks, but that just made it produce alot of flowers and no peppers.

Reply to
mR.Waffles

How many hours of direct sun is it getting, and how much nitrogen was in the fertilizer you gave it? How big is the pot? What is your watering scheme? What have your nighttime temps over the summer been like?

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Normally when its a nice day outside we put it out, and take it in at night because it gets eaten by bugs or is too cold. We gave it two miracle grow sticks in the beginning of the summer, maybe i overfertalized it because it was also in fertalized soil. The pot is smallish, but doesnt seem to restrict the plant. Its a medium sized oval one.

Reply to
mR.Waffles