Is a Big Hunk of Steak Worth Almost 2,000 Gallons of Water?

I admit, I am getting bored of it my self. It takes time to defend ones views. Everyone has their views and I respect that. Everyone has the right to share them. After a while it is time to move on.

As I get older, my teeth and gut are also telling me also what I can eat and cannot. Spicy foods no more, Nexium - Mans best friend!

Sometimes it is best to fight than get rolled over all the time :)

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

EEWWWW!! Chicken feet...that is just wrong......

Reply to
Zootal

Great source of collagen. :-) Cheaper than taking pills for joint degeneration.

And they really are delicious. ;-d

Pressure cook them, (I get them pre-cleaned at the grocery store for about $1.29 per lb) with onion powder, garlic powder, shitake powder, salt free lemon pepper and dried dill weed. Bring up to pressure, time for 45 minutes then rapid cool the pressure cooker under cold running tap water.

Strain off the broth, then hide in your bedroom in front of the computer with a spit bowl for bones, and a salt shaker.

Mom taught me to eat them when I was growing up. ;-)

I've upped my purchase and consumption of them as a cheap source of collagen and chondroiten lately due to having discovered I have degenerative disk disease. The last two disks in the lower lumbar spine are pretty much gone. Both the Ortho' and the Chiropractor have encourage me to take a 30 minute daily swim, and purchase an inversion table.

I have a jpeg of the x-ray.

I also have jpegs of stewed chicken feet and the resulting high collagen stock.

There are many, many thai and chinese recipes using "phoenix claws" that can be googled! Most of them are far more complex tho' than simple pressure stewing. They really don't need much help for flavor!

Reply to
Omelet

Hope you can be well!

Bill

Of course you don¹t have to start out with this but slow and steady wins the race. Gradual progress.

Reply to
Bill

It isn't the poor animals fault that it's meat isn't as nutritious as it should be. For that you can blame the people that control its' environment. The chronic stress (which physically changes the quality or the meat and charges the meat with endocrine hormones), the filth, the antibiotics, the tranks, the low price feed, which may make the animal sick (like beef). If the food is stressed what happens to the consumer? Does anybody know, or is this just another dark corner that the FDA doesn't want to look into?

Reply to
Billy

I thought that glucosamine and micronized chondroitin were the approved arthritis nutri-pharmicals? You go for a straight 1 to 1 replacement? Cartilage out. Cartilage in.

Reply to
Billy

I hate to break it to you Dan, but you can't prove a negative statement. So the above is meaningless, pointless posturing.

You like Pollan? Great.

Billy

When I was in school it was a plant :O( Since it isn't animal, I think it should be considered to be part of the nutritious vegetables.

Reply to
Billy

Just a guess but farmed raised VS. wild might be the main issue. Give em chicken waste and we end up with shit out. Who would have thought? Never mind it is cheap.

Bill who wonders what or how the idea of real food is changing. All I hope is protein is some how ennobled or I might end up with Charlie on the table in a round about way.

Reply to
Bill

I've visited commercial pig farms. The pigs don't look stressed to me...

They, unlike cattle, are kept clean and dry. The farms stink due to the cesspits under the grating they are kept on.

They are not wallowing in their own feces like in cattle feed lots.

The most stressful part of pork production is shipping. THAT needs to be improved!

Reply to
Omelet

Pretty much. :-) Granted, the cartilage does not hit the bloodstream as such, but I figure it provides the building blocks needed as it's digested down into base nutrients.

Chondroitin is nothing but powdered shark cartilage.

Reply to
Omelet

Thanks Bill!

I'll follow up on this in the morning when I have more time. I've got to hit the shower and go to work.

I appreciated it. :-)

Reply to
Omelet

No need to break it to me. I already know that no one can prove a negative statement. The original postulates were not negative statements.

I am very familiar with the rules of logic. I have studied the philosophical rules and the mathematical rules as well as breaking down sentences into mathematical forms for computers to analysis in A.I.

It is the postulates that has a religious belief to them. One can simply agree with them or not. When it comes to reasoning - I rule it!

I do enjoy your discussions. I have know doubt when it comes to gardening and other earth sciences - You rule it. Your advice in many areas is second to none.

I admit those arguments about diet and intelligence are not going to change the earth or how we will live. I just find it interesting - After all it was you that lead me to those great books that lead to those discussions :)

I have no doubt you are an idealist. All of my friends are idealist, I am a rational, Idealist are extremely intelligent and quick to insult. However, sometimes their reasoning can get them into trouble. They seem to be very comfortable with paradoxes. They let me hang around because I have a different eye when it comes to their ideas. They also help me to sharpen those ideas that come around, in religion, philosophy, science and even in politics in my own life.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

And your teeth are telling you the same things as the food pyramid (but not the FDA's new stupid food pyramid).

Reply to
FarmI

Surely that wasn't supposed to be a meal?

Reply to
FarmI

Huh???? Why on earth would you bother to pay for it when it is free? Sit in the sun and let your body make it for you!

Reply to
FarmI

Actually it's just 'koalas'. Only American add the word 'bear', and the animal isn't a bear.

Reply to
FarmI

Use google. Look for Jain, Hindu and Buddhism. All these religions have adherents who have centurys long histories of vegetarianism

Reply to
FarmI

Well? Unlikely. ;-) Aging ain't for sissies! Better? Yes. Finish getting this flab off my sedentary ass and quit being so sedentary.

The Ortho' surgeon says therapy and management is the best approach. Finally used my inversion table for the full 10 minutes this morning... That's gonna take some getting used to! I dropped my damned book and the cats all wanted attention!

Silly fuzzballs. ;-)

Very good site.

I actually purchased a yoga video. Have not started using it yet.

Nacherally!

All we are is Dust in the Wind...

I actually have a positive attitude about the whole mess. Sometime it takes a wake-up call to get us to do what we should have been doing all along.

Reply to
Omelet

Times change... So to classification tables.

After all, the guys that continue to review and change them have to justify their existence.

Fungi really are a unique organism all their own imho. They deserved their own kingdom.

Reply to
Omelet