Growing lettuce

After the seeds sprout, they just die.

What do I need to do?

Reply to
aesthete8

Too little information to tell. How and where are you planting them, what are you doing to get them to germinate and at what stage of growth are they dying? What season is it at the time of your planting them? What are the lower and higher limits of temperature at the time of sprouting?

Reply to
FarmI

Overwatering?

Over planting? (they do better with thinning)

You are not giving us enough details! :-)

Reply to
Omelet

Sounds to me like too much water.

Reply to
TQ

Not sure. Can't see your conditions and what you're doing or not doing.

I have a pesky lettuce growing just barely on the gravel driveway. I don't water it. The soil there is some kind of red clay in the road base. Soil beneath is classic hill country rock/gravel/light brown clay. It grew there last year too, whithered away in summer. Now its back again.

2 lettuce from last year are from seed blossomed from the prior year's garden. A few further down the furrow I just planted a couple of weeks ago. They're babies. They seem to struggle for a few weeks, then take off here.
Reply to
Dave