Cherry tomatoes in hanging baskets.

I'm going to plant out some cherry toms in baskets this year.

After I've got the seedlings to come through, I plant them i individual pots, until they get to a height of around 6 inches?

At this stage, will they grow upwards by themselves?

When I transfer them to the hanging baskets, how do I train them ove the edges? Are they vine-like? Will they just do this naturally, or d they need support

-- nightofjoy

Reply to
nightofjoy

You had probably better get a variety of tomato that is geared to container growing. I grow cherry tomatoes but the plants are full sized -- 6 feet tall with a thick stem.

Reply to
The Cook

I have three types of tomato, all apparently can be grown in hangin baskets

-- nightofjoy

Reply to
nightofjoy