A bit more exposure of Monsanto's activities

This website is not known to be a hotbed of agricultural debate, but it is known as a forum frequented by some very intelligent people. It's interesting to read the discussion. Monsanto's Harvest of Fear

Steve

No need to apologize, Billy. I thought someone may wish to read the view's of others outside of this newsgroup.

Reply to
Steve

with the general...tone...of the discussions.

Thanks, Steve.

Hmmm, this brings to mind, yes, ...another quote!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ~~~H.L. Mencken

Seems like normal folks are being pushed pretty hard and, as the forum demonstrates, are beginning to think about pushback.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

???? Did you read the discussions? Did you notice anything about the tone of said discussion and the fact that Steve says this is not your typical subject for them ????

Now then, get yer head back in the game and don't be distracted by ratsass over yonder. Shake it off. ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I'm not surprised we came away with the same impression; an admittedly nerd(y) website is a refreshing place to read rants against the "Man(santo)", don't ya think? That is the key to any successful revolution, that the common man (meaning those that are not gardeners/farmers) are swept with the tide. It warms my heart...or maybe it's the wine, I dunno.

Reply to
Steve

Inded I do, my friend.

It's sad that in every instance of revolution that I can recall, the common man must first have the boot put to his neck. Hmmm...guess that says something about the masses. But having said that, I sure as hell ain't gonna be the first to raise the black flag. I want at least a few to watch me back. But having said this, The First hasn't been entirely eviscerated...yet...so we agitate and educate before *they* eviscerate. Hell, maybe we'll wind up in the same Center and have a chance to ruminate over a bag of vintage 10 Minute Old Terlet AppleJack.

Yeppers. Barleywine in my case. I'm trying a new one tonite....LaRossa Birra Moretti...a little sweet for my liking, but not totally unpleasant. Higher alc. content than what I usually drink, 7.2%

(It's OK, Billy. Last was St. Pat's....moderation. Celebrating the opening of the garden and the first sowing of seed.... rads and lettuces. Onions tomorrow)

Reply to
Charlie

That was kind of you Seve but Charlie and I have opinions for everybody all ready;-) damn

Reply to
Billy

Moi? Vous avez sûrement jest! ;-)

Well now, once again... a quote comes to mind! Now, this applies not to you, old friend, nor to Seve......just a fine quote to use in the proper circumstance, though I fear it could become overused.

"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." ~~Marcus Aurelius

Ain't it the truth, brother.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Tout à fait mon ami

Reply to
Steve

ROTF!

Reply to
Steve

Just came across this, monsatano to the rescue again

Why food prices will go through the roof in coming months By F. William Engdahl

of the consequences of the spread of Ug99 is a campaign by Monsanto Corporation and other major producers of genetically manipulated plant seeds to promote wholesale introduction of GMO wheat varieties said to be resistant to the Ug99 fungus. Biologists at Monsanto and at the various GMO laboratories around the world are working to patent such strains.

Norman Borlaug, the former Rockefeller Foundation head of the Green Revolution, is active in funding the research to develop a fungus resistant variety against Ug99, working with his former center in Mexico, the CIMMYT and ICARDA in Kenya, where the pathogen is now endemic. So far, about 90 percent of the 12,000 lines tested are susceptible to Ug99. That includes all the major wheat cultivars of the Middle East and west Asia. At least 80 percent of the 200 varieties sent from the United States can't cope with infection. The situation is even more dire for Egypt, Iran, and other countries in immediate peril.

Even if a new resistant variety were ready to be released today, it would take two or three years' seed increase in order to have just enough wheat seed for 20 percent of the acres planted to wheat in the world.

Work is also being done by the USDA's Agricultural Research Service (ARS), the same agency which co-developed Monsanto?s Terminator seed technology. In my book, Seeds of Destruction, I document the insidious role of Borlaug and the Rockefeller Foundation in promoting the misnamed Green Revolution, as well as patents on food seeds to ultimately control food supplies as a potential political lever. The spreading alarm over the Ug99 fungus is being used by Monsanto and other GMO agribusiness companies to demand that the current ban on GMO wheat be lifted to allow spread of GMO patented wheat seeds on the argument they are Ug99 stem rust resistant.

Reply to
Charlie

Am I the only person on the planet that thinks Obama's ties to Bill and Bernardine may be a good thing? OK, maybe that's out-of-bounds but I can't help it. This corporation is truly evil.

Reply to
Steve

Probably not.

Out of bounds or not, lots of people around the world are seething about many things. The pot is boiling and being watched very carefully, you can be sure.

I somehow had missed his ties to them. Quickly took me back a few decades to when we were angry young men. Now we are angrier older men.

Grrrr Charlie

Reply to
Charlie