Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cultivating Pumpkins
I ran the tiller amongst the pumpkin hills this morning to kill the weeds t hat were sprouting there. I may have one more weed-tilling next week before the pumpkins "run", spreading their vines all...

a bribe seems to be working
i've been trying to get the edamame soybeans past sprout stage. the first batch were all eaten by chipmunks as they sprouted. i replanted many more and have been trying to patrol once in a while and...
20
20

Need your feedback on my Vegetable Garden
Hi , I'm currently growing my garden, and I have planted Mint, Mustard, Fenugreek, Rosemary, Onions, Tomatoes, Coriander, Money Plant, and Lilly Flowers. Check out my garden here : & comment :) Enjoy...
1
1

alcoholic shallots/onions
Hi All, Okay, the stalks are dying on my first ruin of shallots. Time to pick them. Now the first dead stalk I pulled out produced four beautiful shallots (they come in fours and break apart at the...
2
2

My Vegetable Garden ( Indoor & Outdoor)
Hi , I'm currently growing my garden, and I have planted Mint, Mustard, Fenugreek, Rosemary, Onions, Tomatoes, Coriander, Money Plant, and Lilly Flowers. Check out here : Enjoy !!

Pumpkin Germination Rates
I planted 20 pumpkin and winter squash hills a month ago, putting 6 seeds p er hill for a total of 120 seeds. Two weeks later, only 17 had sprouted for a germination rate of 14.17%. Some of the...
1
1

bean germination rates
seem to be pretty good even for older beans. yes, not 100%, but still good enough that i don't need to replant much by the looks of things. i'm getting more gaps from chipmunks and rabbits at the...

Yippee! Violet garlic!
Hi All, I have been fighting alkaline soil for years. The big indicator of alkaline soil is pink garlic that is suppose to be violet purple. I just harvested my first garlic. It was a flyer I missed...
6
6

how often should I fertilize?
I was just curious how often you guys fertilize your garden? I purchased some Fertilome blooming and rooting water soluble fertilizer the other day and the instructions say to use it every 7-14 days....
4
4

Looking to start organic gardening, help
Hello Garden banter forum, As you guys can see from the title I am looking into getting some edible organic fruits and vegs on the go. I'm not much of a gardener and this will be my first attempt so I...
5
5

greenhouse starts are in
in the ground. and we might even get some rain in a few minutes. had a short squall a few minutes ago, then a rainbow, now back to waiting for the rain, if it gets here. ... yep, it's gonna get here....
1
1

Blessed rain
We're getting a light drizzle of rain at this moment and I'm happy to see it. If the weather heads are correct this should go on the rest of the week. It's been awhile since we had a decent soaking...
2
2

Overwhelmed by Cauliflower!
We had a mild winter in Maryland this year so my wife got a lot of plants o ut to the garden earlier than usual. The cauliflower found this very encour aging and they're producing like crazy. We have...
6
6

Small pepper plants
Hi all. Returning to Usenet after many years, as well as to gardening. I've had some early successes so far this year (Lettuce is doing nicely and some cherry tomatoes I started way too early in...
3
3

today, see how some planting goes
besides the stuff i've already planted that is... sunshine, still a little cool at night, but as i have: - plants - hose (has to be hooked up for out back yet) - nozzle - muscle power - worms/worm...