Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ah
finally could get back out in the gardens for some cleanup today. felt good to move. i did not get all three gardens done that i hoped, but at least two out of the three are done. songbird
4
4

Green beans
Forgot to mention that the lady what lives with me, told me that the green beans she planted for the fall are now blooming. Plus the summer peppers are blooming again also. This has been the strangest...
1
1

Halloween night
Unfortunately for the trick or treater's last night was all out rain fall. We did have several who came out in costumes with rain coats, umbrella's and hats. Dear wife had her witch outfit on and she...
1
1

light frost
Went out at daylight and found frost on the grass but not on the raised bed gardens. Looks like we might get a freeze before to long but I hope not. The born again pears (first crop came on in early...
6
6

Freeze
I'm still cutting grass but nice thing, living further north, you don't have to cut grass for about 5 months. It may snow but you never need to shovel snow once a week for the whole season.
6
6

first hard frost
last night it was. with the forecast yesterday calling for it i went out and pulled up the lima beans and picked off the last pods that had any depth to them. the dry ones that weren't rotting from...
14
14

leeks
saw leek seedling in tubs with two green bits about a foot high, does this result in two leeks, if it does, it does not seem good value as the punnet costs as much as a tomato or strawberry or...

tomatoes
Is a six inch deep contained area of three foot diameter of potting mix enough to grow three tomato plants?
2
2

a few bean pics
always fun to see new beans show up when sorting. and fun to think about what will happen next season when i plant them. anything new and fun happening in your gardens this year? any plans for...
8
8

Am I the only one?
Hi All, I have been prepping my beds for over winter planting. Means I add peat moss, fertilizer, and turn the soil. In the process, I pick out and toss rocks I missed the prior season. Each rock, I...
7
7

wild tomatillo over winter question
Hi All, Now that I have grown tomatillo for three years, they love to grow all over the place, but not where I want them. They love to grow up in the middle of my cherry tomato jungle, among other...
1
1

impulse buying
Okay, I couldn't help myself. Vegetable Spaghetti squash: Bad Todd! Bad Todd! :'( Vegetable Spaghetti
3
3

Which one of these is the are the ones on the soaps?
Hi All, Anyone know which one of these radishes are the giant radishes you see cooked on the Korean Soap? Many thanks, -T Korean Radish
1
1

review: Red Holland versus Grey Griselle Shallot
Hi All, This year I successfully grew (ya, me huh!) both Red Holland and Grey Griselle Shallot. Red Holland: several bulbs the size of a golf ball scapes (yummy!) Taste of a yellow onion with a garlic...
17
17

What is a good overwinter onion?
Hi All, What is a good overwinter yellow onion? I am zone 6c. Many thanks, -T
20
20