Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cordless Drill Battery - Anyone know of a supplier ?
I'm trying to locate a 24V battery pack for a 'PRO' cordless drill. The battery type is CLM24VG3B Googling returns only 2 links, both of which are broken . Can anyone please help ?. TIA. Woodglass...
8
8

What are they called?
I need a couple of chrome caps for my lawnmower. They are the chrome dome type that are tapped onto the end of a spindle to stop the spindle sliding out. You usually see them on pushchairs and...
2
2

sliding mitre saws - any recommendations?
There's a bewildering choice of these things, from £50-500. A rank amateur, so I don't need a 24-7 workhorse, but would like something easy to use and accurate. would appreciate any feedback....
18
18

Combi Boiler Pressure ?
My combi over the last month or so is losing pressure, it used to be a rare case of using the manual refill lever to put the pressure back up as it appears to no longer do it automatically but over...
2
2

worrying - if true
A pal of mine who works for a skip hire company was telling me about the high cost for builders wanting to get rid of old plasterboard. I suggested this could lead to yet more fly tipping but,...
8
8

How high can a consumer unit be installed?
New regs appear to say between 0.75m and 1.2m. Does this apply if I am replacing my old consumer unit and doing a partial rewire because I'd like to place it near the roof at about 2.3m high?
11
11

Dusty car
I have parking space at the side of my house wide enough to park and open the car door and three cars long. Plastic roofed carport above. On one side is the pebble dashed house wall. On the other a...
2
2

RCD trip on hotpoint washing machine
Folks, Just to add to my list of jobs to do this weekend (sigh!) the washing machine decided to trip out the RCD on my distribution board mid-wash a short while ago. Obviously a genuine fault as its...
4
4

new central heating pump needed
Anyone got any feedback, good or bad on the Grundfoss alpha2 please?... thinking of using this to save energy since old pump is knacked. ta
1
1

Beat teh airlines
Here's a nice DIY way of beating the airlines. Next time you go abroad and those nice airline people want to charge you lots and lots for a suitcase (and even more if your over the baggage allowance)...
8
8

Garden Wall
I've just started to build a garden/retaining wall using 9 inch concrete blocks. The wall is at the bottom of a steepish slope, which I want to level off. My question relates to forming a curve in the...
7
7

central heating pump
Need to replace my noisy old 20 year + central heating pump which has no speed control (or more importantly power control). Fancy going green as well and was thinking of the Grundfoss alpha 2 with its...

Base for garden shed?
I have just ordered a 5ft x 3 ft pent shed with door on the longer side, for my allotment. But how to prepare base? I thinking of just whacking down a few runners? Looked at loads of articles on...
40
40

Gravestone repair
I need to repair a badly damaged gravestone. It appears to have been hit by a mower and a large chunk of the base stone broken off. Parts are missing. I think the best way to repair it is with Isopon,...
5
5

Manky manholes
Has anyone had good results painting cast manhole covers? I have two outside the front door set in paving. Both are rust coloured and not very pretty. Long term plan is to re pave the area and use...
11
11