Shoe repair

Hi, and sorry about being slightly off-topic. I couldn't find a more relevant list.

I am wanting to repair some sandles. The straps and inner sole have pulled away from the outer sole, so I need a good adhesive to repair them. Does anyone have any recommendations, please?

Reply to
Brian

Shoe repairers use a contact adhesive such as Evostick but whether that will work in your case, or whether stitching is required, or whether a repair isn't possible and the sandals need putting in the bin, I can't say. I have used contact adhesive on split soles and kept the glued surfaces pressed together under a table leg for 24 hours, and that worked fine.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Thanks,

in the end I returned them to the shop and got a refund. But it would be good to know what the professionals use, for example.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I repaired my sisters sandal strap with mitre fix glue, it lasted a couple of years, it had pulled out from the side of the sole.

Reply to
mrcheerful