Links to security camreviews and information

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to impartial (ha !) information on domestic/residen tial security cameras? Something that just requires a power supply and deli vers images over wifi to a PC/server/cloud data storage? I definitely don't want metres of video cable installed.

I am thinking something with the profile of this:

but pretty weather proof (IP67 ?).

I am assuming (foolish maybe) that one can buy a system that will dump imag es, or streaming video, to an application that runs on a windows or linux s erver or cloud storage.

I tried searching this group (maybe not correctly !) as I thought there wou ld be a thread on the topic of residential security cameras. Sorry if this topic is already covered extensively (please supply the link if it has) but I couldn't find any info. The reason for asking here is I think there is p robably a large community of interested and reasonably-well-informed partic ipants (blatant grovel).

Thanks,

Clive

Reply to
clive.r.long

I bought a couple of devices from Ucam247 about 2 years ago. I can see them on an Android tablet as well as an Apple one. They do have reasonable definition.

Reply to
charles

Given that you need to supply power at a reasonable amperage particularly if you are feeding "low light" cameras with IR leds, is an extra video cable (which may be combined with the power) such an extra hardship? Admittedly a lot depends on the detail. For example in a farm-yard you might have existing mains power in several separate buildings, but not have a convenient run for video cable, and therefore ethernet wifi might be appropriate. For my horse trailer, I used to use dedicated wifi senders/receiver pairs to get the reversing camera and internal box video back to the tow vehicle. When I moved to a lorry, I used physical cables instead.

Reply to
newshound

I don't think you are going to get IP67 for £25...

Take a look at the Vivotek IB8369, it's an IP and PoE only bullet camera not dome though. Actually "small shell" would be a better description as it's about 2 1/2" dia and 8" long but heavyly built with thick Ali body and mount with stainless screws. All the joins screw together nicely and are O ring sealed. Cable entry is also well sealed. I'd have no qualms about putting one outside here at 1400' and exposed, true gales happen several times a year. Quoted as being IP66 and some what more than £25 at around £150 inc VAT but TBH to get something reasonable and realistically, IP66 rated £100 to £150 is what you'll need to pay.

A recent decent IP camera will do that, fairly sure the Vivotek can as well as record to a micro SD card inside it. Those recordings can be accessed via it's web interface. Vivotek also do IP66 dome cameras,

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If you can wait a bit there are _lots_ being launched at the moment.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

EZeye which worked well for camera viewing on Android, has broken for Lollipop and no longer works. Still works for 4.2.1.

Reply to
Capitol