Ryobi BS-50N information sought (2023 Update)

I have located a Ryobi BS-50N that appears to be in great condition. There was only one burb on the wrec sometime back about it being a good resaw bandsaw.

A local repair facility tells me I have a 2" wide blade capacity and the length is 72 7/16". The motor is 15 amps, it has a 7 inch cutting height. After that he could not tell much.

Any other users on this board of such a machine? I was looking for a machine to do resawing with, so I believe for the price it will be perfect.

Alan

Reply to
A Womack

It is an awesome machine for resaw. i love mine.

Reply to
dave

I agree. In Japan it's sold by Kyocera now but they still sell the same machine (BS-51). Last year I replaced the motor bearings. I bought mine new in 1995 and after a few mods I've been very happy with it.

Reply to
Goofy

Bought mine new in 1995 and after a few mods have been very happy with it.

Reply to
Goofy

I haven one and I can’t locate a blade. Any help would be great snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Vincent Attisano

I haven one and I can’t locate a blade. Any help would be great snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Vincent Attisano

Contact a bandsaw blade company. Most any can make a blade for you, if they don't have it in stock. Check Timberwolf.

Leon

I'm in Japan but I usually get my blades from the US. I've gotten 1/8~1" from

These are the best blades I've ever gotten from the the US. I always resharpen mine and are equivalent to the "Woodslicer" from Rockler.

Do not get the the Woodmaster CT! These blades are too thick 0.035".

Reply to
Goofy