Phone wires.

I want some work done on the internal phone wires. Preferably a new wire from where the incoming wire joins the house on the outside to a new master socket position.

Is this a job for BT or an electrician?

mark

Reply to
mark

BT

Reply to
Rob Miller

And at a possible cost of around £130 for the job - unless there is a fault present on their side of the line.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Is this not best done with a double or triple cordless phone?

Reply to
cryptogram

Have got triple phones. The idea of moving the master socket was to reduce the distance that the incoming wire goes around the house (a lot of metres) and hopefully improve broadband signal.

mark

Reply to
mark

Think about it Mark. You may have quite a lot of cable around your house but how much is that as a percentage of the distance from your house to the exchange - and they don't go in straight lines either?

If the cable is proper BT cable then the distance around your house will make little or no difference to the speed of your ADSL connection so don't waste your money.

Reply to
Woody

Good point. I'll give it a swerve. Thanks.

Reply to
mark