Low light security camera

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced security camera that can produce a reasonable quality picture at night under streetlights ?

Reply to
powerstation

We fitted a standard Argos exterior one at the local village hall and it was/is fine. It has been running for years, tucked under the eaves, without needing to be touched.

IIRC, it has IR LEDs that do give some front illumination but we added a more powerful one (bull electrical, ISTR, sold them) so that faces could be made out clearly. I think that we only needed that because of the height of the camera- put way, way up out of reach, for obvious reasons.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Stick to a mono camera for best night vision from the LED's.Best definition is from tungsten lamps/floodlights not fluorescent/energy saving type.

Reply to
Gel