Laminate flooring

My husband and I will be installing laminate flooring in our bedroom soon. I would like everyone's opinion about where to begin installing the laminate wood flooring. Should we start in the closet? The laminate will be running the opposite direction that how it is laid out in the picture.

Katie Carson

the picture. Do you mean, perpendicular to? It is better to have it laid perpendicular to the wall with two windows (like it is now), unless the single window on another wall will provide more light. Otherwise, the light from the two windows will highlight any possible imperfection in the joints between the planks. There may be places where the planks are not ideally fitting and, for example, not on the same plane due to floor buckling or some other issue. If the windows are parallel to the planks, the shadows will highlight the issues, instead of concealing them if the planks were ran perpendicular to the window. In other words, I would run them just like on your picture.

Also, I would start at the wall closets to the doors. You need to have best control possible around doors, and when you are just starting out, you have best control - the imperfections have not accumulated yet. That also puts closet towards the end, when you will already have short planks to use in there. Good luck!

Reply to
passerby