Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Paver installation over concrete patio
If any can help with info on this, thanks. My concrete patio slops down for rain runoff but slops too much I think. I want to put pavers down but will need to build up with sand over the concrete...
6
6

Plumbing codes question
I don't know if anyone can help but if so it will be greatly appreciated. I posted previously about the lack of proper sleeving used on the copper pipe in my slab. In talking to the state board of...
21
21

Plumbing problems
Have discovered a leak in the Cu plumbing in our slab. Have also discovered that the pipe is not encased in "min 25 mil" sleeve as required by codes applicable in the state of Texas. What if anything...
12
12

Metal buildings
Some might remember my posting about building my workshop/garage into a hillside bank-barn style, well after much consideration and planning I'm going to abandon that idea in favor of a 30 x 50 steel...
42
42

clean and seal a concrete floor
I have a 22x60 foot concrete slab foundation that will serve as the floor for our house (radiant heat). We had originally intended to stain it, but think cleaning and sealing will give us the look we...
24
24

Gas Line to stove in kitchen?
I need someone to look at my gas line going to my stove in the kitchen. In the yellow pages - what listing go I look under?
9
9

Is "T" type perimeter flashing the same as drip edge?
? thanks

Does flashing go over or under shingle?
Here is a picture, hope its understandable. right now the lower piece is over shingles. Im replacing shingle and was waondering if over on lower portion is correct.
12
12

How do I know my windows are LOW-E
I had low-e reflective coating put on my East and West sides but they look the same as the windows on the other sides. I worry that I was ripped off so I need to prove I got what I paid for.
24
24

Pre-emptive graphics for engineering and construction offices
9
9

2nd floor jacuzi
We have a whirlpool tub put in in our new constuction. It's in a plumbed but still exposed. Drywall will be next week. How common is it for these things to leak ? With all those hoses and pumps in...
12
12

Renovation articles/construction materials/ tools/ for sale
Floor tiles ceramic/ med/Brown 225 tiles/ 4" x 8"/ will do aprox. 55 square feet .. $40.00 Water heater 33 gal./ gas. Fairly new/ house or cabin/ $85.00 32' Double Stainless steel sink . with taps....
15
15

help - roof noise from concrete slab roof
Hi, I have just bought a unit on the top floor of a 4 storey block of units. The units (us because we are on the top floor) has a concrete slab roof. Almost every night we are awoken by noise coming...
9
9

Can I use Clinker breezblock
I am building a large outhouse at the back of my garden. 7m x 5m. It will have a flat roof and only be single storey. I want to use cellular clinker,breezeblock to build the outside (because it is...
3
3

Flush really needed? ( W heater)
Hey everyone, I just wondered, I allways used to flush my HW heater yearly, then read a whole lot ( mostly from this NG) about how sediment builds up, and that a dip tube which "swirls" the water...
9
9