2nd floor jacuzi

We have a whirlpool tub put in in our new constuction. It's in a plumbed but still exposed. Drywall will be next week. How common is it for these things to leak ? With all those hoses and pumps in seems it would be more supseptible then a simple ole bathtub. Can anything be done now like a vinyl pan or plastic or foam? And no they wont pull it out for me either. All I can think of is a water alarm sensor but that wouldn't actually prevent water damage. Thanks

Reply to
maarass

When you think about it, it's not really different than all of those hidden plumbing connections supplying all the other fixtures in your house. You should certainly put the tub through its paces before it's closed in - after that I wouldn't worry too much about it.

RicodJour

Eventualy it could be an issue, I hope in the design you have planned inspection doors. I could be 20 or more years but eventualy everything needs repair.

Reply to
m Ransley

They typically have a front panel that is removable, (or other access panel) since eventually the motor will need service. Most leaks should be reachable from there.

Reply to
P. Fritz

Hey, thanks for all the replies. We plan on running it before we close it up. The end of the tub with the motor backs to a attic space. So accessing it is cake.

Reply to
maarass