Cost to re do plumbing

How much (ballpark estimate) does it cost to re do the entire plumbing for a house with 2.5 bath and a kitchen. Assuming everything had to be gutted and replaced including pipes.

Thank you

Ken

Reply to
Ken

No way to tell...slab construction or full basement (finished, not), location, location, location, ...???

Somewhere between a medium to a very large ransom should cover it, however...

--

Reply to
dpb

One story, two story? Stacked bathrooms? Back to back bathrooms? 1/2 bath off the kitchen? How old is the house? Is the house occupied?

copper, cpvc or PEX?

new fixtures?

Who fixes the walls?

SWAG $9k +/-$3k

Reply to
Bobk207

What about fixtures? Around these parts people drop a grand on a froofy toilet or handpainted sink. So your equation should read: TWAG $9K +/- WTFK?

RicodJour

Ho boy. My best guess is one arm and to the knee of one leg.

Reply to
Glenn

Rico-

You're right about fixtures.

I should have said my SWAG was for the re-pipe including 1/4 turn angle stops & nothing beyond.

All fixtures additional $'s.

OP- Need a new mainline?

cheers

Reply to
Bobk207

For my house just to replace the pipes was about $200 in materials...

BUT I had to dig out the crawl space under the house to get to the pipes to replace them. This took months of my time. If I had to pay someone to do this, it would have been thousands of dollars in labor.

Now if all your pipes are easy to get to because you have a basement, then: pipe materials + fixtures + labor.

Reply to
Bill

Too low, I'd say arm and full leg.

Reply to
PeterD

For that small of an amount I would assume you are talking only about PEX supply lines and that it's a small house. I would also assume that you didn't have much in the way of valves, didn't use a manifold, etc.

RicodJour

I was just trying to be nice.

Reply to
Glenn

I know a guy that can do it for a kneecap and three toes. He's unlicensed, but he performs his own surgery so he can save you the surgery and anesthesia bills.

RicodJour

One story, two story? Stacked bathrooms? Back to back bathrooms? 1/2 bath off the kitchen? How old is the house? Is the house occupied?

copper, cpvc or PEX?

new fixtures?

Who fixes the walls?

SWAG $9k +/-$3k

Reply to
T. C. Conde

Even in SoCal $9k should do a fresh water re-pipe considering

fixtures extra no drain work no gas mainline extra

A neighbor just had a 2 bath (stacked), kitchen & laundry room done for about $9k. Mainline previously done.

re-reading OP...yeah, lots of details not present

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207