Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

"How to Become a Person Who Cleans" by Lindsey Ellefson
I like the fact that we see a man who's doing the cleaning. It's shortish. There are 14 comments so far. Here's how to get yourself in gear to clean, according to psychologists.

On asthma attacks and why...
Speaking of shirking and deliberately doing chores wrong... Dear Amy: My husband and I have a bright, high-functioning 16-year-old daughter. I have been teaching her how to perform basic household...
2
2

Bathroom Improvement
My bathroom sink is clogged and I've tried everything I can think of to unclog it. I've used a plunger, a drain snake, and even baking soda and vinegar, but nothing seems to work. What else can I do?

Hoover Quadraflex Powermatic carpet attachment
Is there a way to adjust the height of the brush to the carpet? I have trouble pushing it on my short pile carpet because of the friction of the brush sticking out too much

Little black round beads
I found these little black round beads and i vacuumed them up and put them on a piece of tape, they are about 1 of an inch and i managed to cut one and it was white inside I can't find out anything...

Question on "full time domestics"
Does anyone know of a good source on American households and servants in the 20th century? I ask because last year, I saw Bill Maher on stage expressing bewilderment at how middle-class families so...
2
2

"Why am I responsible for my dogs, but you're not for your kids?"
I have to say, this doesn't get discussed as much as it should be, IMO. It's about preventing serious accidents by taking the responsibility of cleaning up and removing any hazards. (Not to mention...

Black flecks on the floor - are they associated with vaping?
Could vaping cause black flecks on the floor in my bathroom. They can be swept up. I think my granddaughter is vaping in there
3
3

Flakes on counter, floor, and window sill
I keep finding these flakes sometimes blue and green in color sometimes black on my floors and today I found it on my counter top and window sill. What is it?
1
1

Food under rim of glass lid with metal ring
There is food under the rim of a glass lid no way I can see to get it out
2
2

Woman wakes up to find blood dripping on her from ceiling
Could look like blood but be a mix of other body fluids. A bladder can hold up to a quart of urine.
2
2

What are the very tiny black specks on the headboard (2023 Update)
They appear on my the headboard of my bed in one corner at this time
3
3

Carpet Beetle Infestation: How to Identify, Prevent and Eliminate these Pests from Your Home (2023 Update)
Maybe carpet beetle larvae.? They eat clothing in your closet and food in your kitchen cupboards multiply very fast and can infest your entire home.
2
2

Where to Buy Crest-o-Mint Deodorant Degreaser in Memphis, TN (2023 Update)
where to buy--local memphis tn
1
1

Cleaning glass pot lid of grease
I like to saute veggies in oil and do a quick steam with a little water, covered pot. The glass lids I have used always seem to get oil residue in the crack between the metal rim and the glass. When I...
1
1