Removing paint from the carpet

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

It is not paint actually, but that stuff used to stain wood a certain color. The carpet is beige, the tarnish is brown.

It is not a big spill, but lots of little drops. I removed some of them using bleach, which introduced another problem: The carpet got bleached this ugly and noticeable orange color.

1) How do I remove the remainder of tarnish? 2) How do I restore the bleached spots on the carpet to its original color?
Reply to
An Metet