cleaning black spots from floor??

I know this has been asked before, but what's the best and safest way for cleaning black spots from hardwood floors? Without damaging the finish on the the wood.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

is that from a spill or is it a mold?

Reply to
Sweep

____Reply Separator_____ I'm sorry, I should have mentioned, they're probably heel marks.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Have you tried a dab of neat washing up liquid or neat wood floor cleaner?

Reply to
Dawn

____Reply Separator_____ Available in the states? Is this the same company that makes neat's-oot oil, the same stuff we conditioned our baseball gloves with a long time ago?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

WE? I have never SEEN a baseball glove! and I can't work out if you're teasing me. :)

Reply to
Dawn

____Reply Separator_____

neat's-foot oil A pale yellow, fatty oil produced by boiling the feet and shin bones of cattle, horses, sheep, and pigs, and skimming the oil from the surface of the water. Like all natural fats, neat's-foot oil is a mixture of substances, many of which deposit on cooling. "Cold-tested" neat's-foot oil is a material that has been held at the freezing point for a period of time and then filtered. Neat's-foot oil is used in the preparation of some leather dressings, and in the fatliquoring of leather.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

WOW That's neat!

Reply to
Dawn

On 02 Dec 2003 18:23:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Reply to
Dawn

Reply to
Dawn

you use neat brandy to clean the floor?

Reply to
Sweep

I have been in the wood floor business for over 30 years. Water and a little rubbing often works wonders. Rubbing alcohol also can work well. Acetone is another possibility. The problem is not knowing what the finish is on your floor. You need to test the compatibility with the cleaner in a closet or corner before using it in a high visibility area.

Franklyn

Franklyn

Where did you find such a neat reply separator? Does it come in Blue?:)

Franklyn,

Franklyn